onsdag 10 mars 2010

university

I'm all excited about life right now. It passes by so fast and I'm having so much fun at the moment!
Uni is great, I'm making friends left and right at the same time as I'm loving my flat and this big city life.
In 5 days they open the online application for uni programs starting this autumn. I've found a program I think I want to apply for, it's a candidate (word?) in Global Studies, a three-year-program. Since it's global and all, I'm  thinking a year or maybe even two abroad which would do magic for my economy in comparison to moving abroad to pay for studying all my myself.
So there's a plan.
Now I've been worried about not getting in, since it's a very popular program where high grades are needed, especially with everyone studying now instead of work since there are no jobs and that. Blahblah.
Today I checked the scores for getting in last year, same term. 18.5 in high school grades, out of 20 possible. Mine are 16.49. Too low, crap.
Then the last third they take in, they do regarding to their "uni-preparing-test" or whatever this could be called. A test built on hard questions in 4 areas, it's on a short time limit and you do this all day. 2.0 is the best score you can get, which is very rare to do. On my first test I got 1.5, average is 0.9. Very good indeed! And since I juuuuust found out the limit last year was 1.4, I'm thinking this could be it! I might even get in on the first try!

Fingers crossed.

Also fingers crossed for the people I had the job interview with yesterday to chose me. I mean, they better - I'm the best they could get.
But still. People make mistakes. Let's hope they don't.
12 out of 1000 people applying got the interview though, I'm pretty OK with being one of them also.

Life is good. I am good.
As the kid I'm nannying said in a "let's name all super heroes we can think of"-conversation: "you forgot one. The worlds best Annie!"

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar